Protecting your privacy is important to us. We hope the following statement will help you understand how The Biotech Directory website collects, uses, shares, discloses, retains and safeguards the personal information you provide on Our website and Our mobile application.
The Biotech Directory is committed to ensuring that any personal data it receives is protected and handled in accordance with applicable data protection laws. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, references to “We”, “Us” or “Our” shall refer to The Biotech Directory.
Who We Are
The Biotech Directory is a registered business of Biotech Recruitment Consultants Pty Ltd with a registered address of Suite B13, 431 Roberts Road, Subiaco WA 6008, Australia.
The personal information that We may collect depends on how you interact with Our website and is dependent on your interaction:
(a) Information we collect automatically: When you just browse Our website, you do so anonymously – We don’t collect personal information. The information that may be collected or received about your device and use of the website when you visit Our website may include:
- your computer’s IP address;
- your top level domain name;
- the date and time of access to the site and duration;
- pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous site visited; and
- type of browser and operating system used.
We do not link your IP address or any of the other information listed above to anything personally identifiable. The only other information that may be automatically provided to Us is the type of computer and operating system you are using. Your browser supplies Us with this information.
If you are accessing Our website with a mobile device, information about the cellular network associated with your mobile device, your mobile device’s operating system or platform, the type of mobile device you are using, your mobile device’s name and unique device ID may be collected.
The website uses a range of tools provided by third parties, such as Google Analytics, to collect or view website traffic information. These sites have their own privacy policies. The website also uses session tools to improve your experience when accessing Our websites. We use this information to maintain, secure and improve Our website and to enhance your experience when using them.
In relation to Google Analytics, you can opt out of the collection of this information using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (link is external).
No attempt will be made to identify anonymous users or their browsing activities unless We are legally compelled to do so, such as in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider’s log files.
(b) Information you provide to us.
You or your organisation may provide certain Personal Information to Us when you sign up for an account with Our website and use Our service, consult with Our team, send Us an email or communicate with Us in any other way. This information may include:
- Business contact information – for example your name, job title, organisation name, location, phone and fax numbers and email address.
- Account log-in details (e.g. email address or username and password).
- Payment information (e.g. credit card numbers and associated identifiers and billing address).
At times We may request that you voluntarily supply Us with personal information, such as your e‑mail address and postal address, for purposes such as corresponding with Us or participating in an online survey or contest. We do not disclose the name and address or any other personal information of any subscriber to any other organisation or body, nor do We share Our database. If you would like access to the personal information Ee hold about you, or to have your name removed from Our database, please contact Us via the contact form on the website.
Like many other web sites, Our website may use a standard technology called a “cookie” to collect information about how you use the site.
Our website uses ‘cookies’ for maintaining contact with a user through a website session. A cookie is a small text file supplied by Us and stored by the web browser software on your computer when you access Our site. Cookies allow Us to recognise you as an individual as you move from one of Our web pages to another and helps you navigate the website systems more efficiently.
Use of Personal Information
We use the data We collect from visitors and users of the website to:
- provide, operate, maintain and improve the site;
- to establish and maintain a directory of relevant organisations to the general biotechnology industry;
- for the specific purpose for which We have collected the information;
- managing the services We provide;
- purposes related to Our research, planning, product and service development, security and testing;
- respond to service, security, and customer support needs;
- display content based upon your interests;
- assess the needs of your business to determine and promote other products that We believe may be helpful to you;
- provide analysis or valuable data back to Our customers and users;
- provide information related to updates, marketing communications, and service data;
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of this website;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, unlawful, or technical issues;
- where We suspect that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- meeting any legal and regulatory requirements We are subject to, or may be imposed upon us;
- comply with applicable laws and administrative requests, protect Our rights, assert and defend against claims;
- developing an understanding of the services or information you may be interested in receiving from Us; and
- to the extent permitted by law, We may combine, correct and enrich personal data that We receive from you with data about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or from third parties to update, expand and analyse Our records, identify new prospects for marketing, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Where the Privacy Act permits it, We may disclose your personal information to third parties. Third parties that We may disclose your personal information to include:
- entities providing services to Us, including legal services, financial services, data providers, storage services and mailing houses;
- government regulatory bodies in Australia and overseas;
- entities who may wish to be involved in Our business, or acquire an interest in Our business;
- third parties you authorise to act on your behalf or that are otherwise connected with you (such as your legal representative or other authorised agent or attorney); and
- law enforcement agencies.
Security of Information
We place a great importance on the security of all information associated with Our website. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under Our control.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while We strive to protect user’s personal information, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its website, and users do so at their own risk.
Once We receive your transmission, We makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
Your Acceptance of these Terms
Last updated: 6 July 2021